THE FORTUNE IS IN THE FOLLOW UP
KICKSTART DAY 12: Fortune is in the Follow-Up
Quote of the Day: “Do you want to know who you are? Don’t ask, ACT! Action will define you.” –– Thomas Jefferson
So, you’re well into launching your new coaching business. You’ve made regular posts on your social media pages and have reached out to people on your Contact List. This is great!
Most people will need more than one or two conversations with you before they’re ready to make a decision. They’re watching you on social media and they’re thinking about the conversation you had with them but they haven’t made a decision yet.
The magic is in the follow-up because following up isn’t about “selling,” it's about building relationships.
You should be following up on conversations you’ve had daily. Following up with people shows that you care and are sincerely interested in helping them (even if, initially, they didn’t seem interested). Remember, when you ask people to join a Challenge Group, you’re also asking them to change some habits and sometimes it takes follow up and encouragement for them to be ready to take this step.
Ideally, you’ll want to follow up within a week of the last conversation you’ve had with someone, or sooner if possible. Listening during the follow-up is very important, so use some good questions to encourage them to share their thoughts and feelings. Keep the follow-up with your prospective customers simple. Use phrases like:
“Hey! Just wanted to reach out and see if you’re ready to jump into the Challenge Group we talked about.”
“Did you have any questions about that information I sent you? I’m here to help!”
“I was just thinking about you and wanted to touch base real quick and see how things are going. How are you?”
You’ll also want to follow up regularly with your new customers during their first few months to make sure they are having a great experience. Take a quick look at the How to Follow Up with Customers Guide (link below) that will walk you through how to follow up with your customers in a variety of settings.
YOUR DAILY ACTION ITEMS:
1. Print out your BAT form (it's at the top of the kickstart training page) and start checking it off daily. Also make sure you post your daily accountability (1. a quote from PD 2. your shake and workout today 3. write DONE to specify that you posted 3x on social today 4. write DONE to specify that you took 10 minutes to expand your network and do the 'inviting' excercise)
2. Follow up with the people you’ve contacted and share some of your experiences with the Group here
3. What Challenge You're Inviting to
4. What Method you're using to track your contacts and follow ups
5. Post a reminder about your upcoming Challenge Group on your social media page and tag me in the post
How to Follow Up with Customers Guide: http://bit.ly/1ppPqfU